THE LEADERSHIP SCHOLAR PROGRAM
The TCU Leadership Center offers a variety of leadership seminars designed to assist students in their leadership development. These seminars are open to any student interested in exploring leadership. To complete the Leadership Scholar Program and receive a leadership medallion at graduation, students must earn 4 or 5 leadership credits, depending on when they began the Leadership Scholar process.
For those beginning the Leadership Scholar Program during or after Fall 2010, the requirements are as follows:
- 3 seminars must be taken from a Core Curriculum that includes:
- Exploring Leadership
- Ethical Leadership
- Philosophy of Leadership
- Intercultural Leadership
- Community Action
- 2 additional leadership credits can be earned by:
- taking two additional seminars (any combination of Core or Elective Seminars*)
- taking one additional seminar and completing one leadership training equivalent**
- completing two leadership training equivalents
Those who began the medallion track prior to Fall 2010 only need to earn 4 leadership credits (a combination of seminars and leadership training equivalents).
*Elective Seminars include:
**Leadership Training Equivalents include:
- Training for Frog Camp facilitators, Connections mentors, OSA Directors
- RA training
- Leadership 4 Life coaches training
- Other trainings approved by Leadership Center staff
If you have questions about whether you have received
credit for a particular seminar and/or experience, please contact Tracy Harris
at firstname.lastname@example.org or 817-257-7855.